Today we celebrated the career of the former NSCL/FRIB Lab Director C. Konrad Gelbke and the release of Sam Austin’s book Up From Nothing which tells the story of the Cyclotron Lab from its humble beginnings in 1958.
Aphorisms from CKG:
- The Big Picture is Important
- Communication is the Product
- Intensity is good – but enjoying the intensity is even better
- Love every data point
- Think and keep thinking
- Discuss with theorists frequently
- Model. Nobody should “only” be an experimentalist.
- Importance of simple pictures
You must be logged in to post a comment.